Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Introduction to A Year With Walt

Hi Everyone!

Happy New Year!

I am so excited for 2014!  One of my first adventures for the year (an official bucket list item) is to watch all 53 Walt Disney animated feature films in their order of release.  I have been a Disney fan since before I could talk.  I loved a Mickey and Minnie stuffed animal so well that they didn't make it pass my 2nd birthday.  The stuffing had fallen out of them.  And truthfully speaking, my love of Disney has yet to fade... 

Me and the Great Man himself!
 

I love the magic, the fun, the music, the happiness of the World of Disney- from the movies to a trip to Disneyland!  I even ordered a Disney day-by-day calendar for this year to keep on my desk at work.

Who doesn't love a parade?!


I grew up watching Disney movies, and so I will have seen most of these 53 movies already.  However, I haven't seen most of them for a very long time, and there are a few that slipped through the cracks that I have never seen...  I'm not sure how that happened.  Also, please note that the Pixar films will not be included on this Disney journey.  This is just for the strictly Walt Disney produced animated features.

Yep.  This would be me and Snow White's Wishing Well.


Serendipitously, there are currently 53 Disney animated feature-length films and there are 53 Wednesdays in 2014.  This means every Wednesday this year I will post about the Disney movie of the week.  Today we will start with Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and on Wednesday December 31, 2014(!) I will post about Frozen (the latest Disney adventure).

I am so excited to start this journey through Disney film history and magic!

And with that, away we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment